blogarama - the blog directory Dmegs Web Directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Blog Directory
Blog Directory Search engine Photobucket
Custom Search

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Interview with Tommy of Nekkid Tees

Tommy influenced me more than he knows, when I was first starting out. Nekkid Tees was what I imagined Tat2 T's could be. Thank you Tommy.

What inspired you to start designing tee shirts?
I had created a logo for an opensouce project called joomfish which is part of the Joomla! opensource project. They needed the new logo to meet the standards of Spreadshirt so that it could be printed on t-shirts.


After a bit of research I liked the idea of creating my own shirts and decided this could be a way to help work off some of my wifes medical bills we inquired when 2 automobiles ran a traffic light (that was red), 1 T-boned her and the other hit her head on. Needless to say we needed more money after 2 surgeries and 2 and a half years physical therapy. So selling t-shirts sounded like a good idea.


How long have you been in the industry?
3 years this June 09 and counting.


What advice would you give someine just starting out?
Don't think you're going to make it big over night, I'm still trying myself. Have good ideas and execute them well. Don't be afraid to be different.




What style has worked best for you as a designer?
Text tees are my favorite. They are simple but can say so much. It's great to have someone read your shirt in public and start laughing. Sometimes you just can't get that with a graphical tee.


Where do you see your company in 5 years?
Still trying to make it. It's a long road when you do everything out of pocket and by yourself, but I hope to grow year by year until I can dedicate 100% of my time to NekkidTees.com. It also helps
to have a good company like Spreadshirt.com behind you.






What is your favorite design?
CALM DOWN
TAKE A DEEP BREATH
& HOLD IT FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES



Who has been your biggest influence in your designs?
Friends and fans for the most parts or just random daily happenings that I think are worthy of a shirt. :)


What is your favorite design by another artist?
Anything by Jeremy Kalgreen from Amorphia.com


3 of my best designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think